Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Little White Dress: the Regency era staple


  Last weekend I escaped the desert heat with some friends and rented a cabin for a ladies getaway, and it was WONDERFUL. We left our husbands and kiddos behind for a couple nights of junk food and bonding and being outside on purpose. This included a hike that was really more of a walking trail, and since my friends are very dear, tolerant ladies and one of them is a talented photographer who brought her camera at my request, our hike turned into a photo shoot!
  I actually made this gown several years ago, but never got around to doing pictures of it with my sister, so it was nice to finally model it for posterity. It was loads of fun wandering around and picking flowers for my basket, even if, it turns out, I have absolutely no idea how to wear a market bonnet. (I ordered mine from arachneattire on Etsy) When we got back to our cabin my incredibly talented friend Sarah (seriously she did such a great job, thanks again!) asked how my feet were doing, but since I was wearing the Manchester boots from American Duchess they felt great! I believe those boots are sadly sold out, but seriously all my shoes from their brand are so comfortable, I love wearing them. Additional thanks to my other friend Sarah who acted as my unofficial “fluffer!”
  I’ll post some photos of the gown’s guts in a later update; for now, please enjoy my cheesy excited smiles and my first attempt at the requisite Regency wedgie :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment